PUENTE fosters a powerful home-to-school connection and an inclusive learning environment through preschool, charter elementary school, and summer camp programs for over 300 students annually. We empower students and their parents to improve outcomes for the whole family.
PUENTE Preschool provides high-quality early education to 40+ students. Students work towards state DRDP (Desired Results Developmental Profile) goals for kindergarten readiness.
PUENTE is a licensed child care provider offering part-day state preschool, with morning and afternoon sessions for children aged 3 ½ – 5 years.
Want to register your child in preschool, or have questions? Contact Program Director Dominic Armendariz at email@example.com or call the front desk at 323-780-8900.
Facility Number: 198020437
Charter Elementary School
Our school combines the Common Core state standards curriculum with creative exploration, digital literacy, and parent engagement to help students develop a life-long love of learning. PUENTE Charter School serves students in grades TK-3 during 2020-21 and will add one-grade level each year through 2022-23, when the school will serve grades TK-5.
- PUENTE was the first charter school in Boyle Heights, open since 2002.
- Parent engagement is encouraged through monthly family nights, the English learner advisory council, monthly newsletters, and home visits.
- PUENTE Charter celebrates English Learners, with a re-classification rate to English Proficient that far exceeds that of nearby public schools.
- PUENTE Charter families have the option for after-school, offered in partnership with Think Together. Late pick-up is available up to 6 pm.
- We offer three free meals daily, summer bridge and enrichment courses, one laptop for every student, and field trips.
- As a public school, enrollment is free and open to any California resident. Admission is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
See needed application documents
Neighborhood children join PUENTE Elementary Charter School students for summer bridge learning, enrichment classes, and outdoor activities that prevent summer learning loss and close the opportunity gap.
Interested in enrolling your child in summer camp? To learn more, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our front desk at 323-780-8900 during business hours (Mon-Thurs 7:30 am – 8:30 pm, Fri 7:30 am – 6 pm, Sat 8:30 am – 12:30 pm).
Or, you can visit our location and speak to someone directly.