PUENTE Charter Elementary is a free public school offering TK through 5th grade to over 300 students from Boyle Heights and beyond.
We provide students a rich and challenging curriculum that fosters intellectual, social, and emotional growth, delivering the highest quality education for student achievement.
Our school is committed to achieving academic excellence by combining the Common Core state standards with project-based learning that promotes creative exploration, digital literacy and problem-solving skills to help students develop a life-long love of learning.
Our Whole Child approach meets the unique needs of each student head on– whether it’s free and nutritious meals, health care, tutoring, mental health counseling, vision and dental care, or other services during and after school.
Through our strategic community partnerships, PUENTE Charter School connects students and their families to the resources they need to thrive.
WHY PUENTE CHARTER?
- As a public school, enrollment is free and open to any California resident. Admission is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- PUENTE Charter celebrates English Learners, with a re-classification rate to English Proficient that far exceeds that of nearby public schools.
- PUENTE Charter families have the option for after-school, offered in partnership with Think Together. Late pick-up is available up to 6 pm.
- Parent engagement is encouraged through monthly family nights, the English learner advisory council, and regular newsletters.
- We provide three free meals daily, summer bridge and enrichment courses, and field trips.