Charter Kindergarten School & Preschool Teacher
The PUENTE Learning Center Charter Kindergarten School & Preschool Readiness program offers youngsters a family-centered, technology-based early learning experience that is designed to help children meet or exceed state standards and build a solid foundation for lifelong academic achievement. We seek applicants for a 1-year assignment in the position of Charter Kindergarten and Preschool Teacher.
Teachers in the Preschool Readiness and Charter Kindergarten programs will teach in a community where children, parents, teachers, and administrators are actively involved as partners in teaching and learning. Teachers will assume responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain a standards-based, stimulating and nurturing program and environment that meets student’s individual and group needs
- Develop and apply a variety of instructional strategies and learning methods
- Work with the school Administrator and other instructional staff to develop a curriculum that aligns with Common Core Standards and the school’s charter
- Assess individual student learning needs and evaluate student outcomes
- Participate in a team education approach
- Utilize innovative strategies to motivate children at every level of the learning spectrum
- Help to identify students with special needs and participate on Student Success Team to assess student needs and to create and implement appropriate Individualized Education Programs
- Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and the unique learning needs of each individual student
B. Professional Development
- Model and promote positive interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Assume responsibility for professional growth which may include, but is not limited to, attendance at conferences, meetings, observation and in-service training
- Share educational experience and training with other teachers
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences as required
- Participate in teacher team meetings to ensure consensus and unity in meeting charter goals
- Participate, as requested, in meetings with members of the Charter community
- Act as a role model and resource for students and other staff members
- Demonstrate and encourage creativity, flexibility and teamwork
- Be willing to assume responsibilities outside of the classroom in order to fulfill the vision of the charter
- Qualified applicants will possess a valid California multi-subject teaching credential.
- Applicants should be technology literate and comfortable incorporating technology into instructional programs.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) candidates are preferred.
- Must have an interest in becoming part of a small, dedicated team that works tirelessly to meet rigorous academic outcomes, participate in parent participation projects, cooperate in a variety of school-community events and assume responsibilities both within and beyond the classroom.
Terms of Employment
- Traditional, single track calendar from August to June, with multiple breaks throughout the school year
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required to participate in school functions and to attend a variety of meetings
Interested persons may submit a cover letter, current resume, and a list of three professional/personal references to: Tesa Marquez, Human Resources, PUENTE Learning Center, 501 S. Boyle Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033. No phone calls, please.
Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is a key member of the Leadership Team and will initially report to the CEO. He/She is part of the Development and Leadership Team at PUENTE Learning Center and PUENTE Charter School. PUENTE’s annual budget is $3.5M with an endowment and investments over $20M.
The Director creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising, specifically focused on foundation and corporate revenue. The position takes the lead in the majority of the grant writing, and will collaborate with team members in submitting large proposals. This is a vital position for the organization and will work with specific revenue goals in a team, positive, collaborative environment. We are interested in candidates who are enthusiastic, highly organized, committed and experienced. The successful candidate will have a successful record of fundraising in the nonprofit, academic or similar sector.
- Develops and implements a fundraising plan that includes corporations and foundations to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Monitors and evaluates corporate and foundation fundraising activities to ensure fundraising goals are being achieved
Fundraising Strategy Implementation
- Identifies and develops corporate and foundation prospects, and cultivates existing donors
- Writes, edits, and proofreads letters of inquiry, funding proposals, and grant reports, and collaborates with colleagues to craft pitches and proposals for various funders. This position requires a large amount of writing and research and a successful candidate is one that enjoys such a role
- Tracks status of proposals and follows up to provide additional information as required by funding sources
- Works closely with finance and program staff to develop budgets for proposals and ensures that moneys are spent according to guidelines
- Represents PUENTE with donors, prospects and in the community as necessary to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Ensures that grant guidelines are met and all grants are in compliance
- Contributes to the quarterly development report submitted to the Board of Directors
- Maintains tracking calendar to ensure that all proposals and reports (financial and program) meet deadlines required by funders
Team Collaboration – Internal
- Works closely with the development team/CEO in achieving revenue goals
- Works closely with VP of Programs, Director of Education and Principal of Charter to develop revenue strategies for programs and Charter School
- Participates in internal work groups as needed (charter expansion, technology upgrades, strategic planning, etc) to ensure that revenue and fundraising targets are met
- As with all members of PUENTE’s leadership staff, provides support to fundraising and community events organized by PUENTE, such as the Annual Golf Tournament, Family Fun Fest, and others.
- Other writing and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in fundraising for a nonprofit, community-focused organization, educational, or academic institution. Seven years preferred.
- Proven track record of grant writing, having successfully secured a number of grants from a diverse pool of sources
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- The ability to professionally represent PUENTE Learning Center at functions
- The ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs.
- Computer literacy, report development, data tracking and analysis
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet various deadlines at once.
- Be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Database management skills. Candidate will work with Donor Perfect daily
January 20th, 2017. Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email to Tesa Marquez, Administration and HR Manager to:
Events and Marketing Manager
The Events and Marketing position is responsible for the management and coordination of all events at PUENTE Learning Center. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of the social media and public relations plan, and the coordination of volunteers. This role is part of the Development and Leadership Team.
The position will be measured by successful completion of specific events, an increased presence by PUENTE with the community and public, and active traffic in social media. We are seeking an outgoing, engaging person who is digital-savvy and will be responsible for all communications, PR, social media, and content creation. This is a vital role, incorporating online tools and direct networking to create relationships both online and off and promote the mission of the organization.
PUENTE currently holds two large annual events, the Family Fun Fest and the Golf Tournament. Approximately 2-5 other smaller events are also organized throughout the year.
- Develop and manage PUENTE’s social media strategy, serving as its main content manager. Coordinate a team of 1-3 instructors/others on staff who regularly post on these sites.
- Lead content producer and designer for PUENTE Post (geared towards students) and PUENTE Today (geared towards donors and stakeholders), which are published in print and online quarterly.
- Develop and maintain positive and proactive relationships with media contacts, with an emphasis on Spanish-language media.
- Message and monitor PUENTE’s social media channels regularly, including producing original content. Additionally, build and maintain relationships with online influencers via Twitter, email, Instagram and other channels.
- Use Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics to evaluate success of social media, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Appropriately respond to any messages on social media.
- Ensure that PUENTE’s services are appropriately advertised in Spanish-language media and other sites.
- Write, submit, and follow-up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to establish contacts with local and regional media.
- Maintenance of website.
- Establish and expand merchandise opportunities to promote the organization and raise revenue.
- Develop collateral materials, in collaboration with colleagues. There is a graphic designer used on a contract basis.
- The two main events for the organization include the Family Fun Fest and the Annual Golf Tournament. The position will play a central role and work closely with an established Committee of staff/volunteers in the planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events.
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, collateral material, and distribution.
- Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, advertising, collateral material design and production.
- Responsible for the development and fulfillment of event budgets.
- Supervise and coordinate all event contractors.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to participate as representatives of PUENTE in community events. Volunteers may be other staff, current and former students, and community members.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer committees for these events, including staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, education, journalism, or related fields is required.
- At least 5 years of total relevant experience in special events and marketing/social media, working in a community-based organization, nonprofit or similar setting is required.
- Computer Proficiency required, which includes: Experience managing social media sites, with knowledge of social media platforms, including WordPress. Outstanding and demonstrated computer competency and ability to learn new software quickly, including knowledge and comfort using social media for outreach. Knowledge of publishing software.
- Cultural Competency: Must understand the community’s culture and ethnicity and be able to take advantage of its opportunities and to respond positively to its challenges. Bilingual competency, Spanish/English required.
- The candidate must be a digital-savvy person with a positive personality, possess exceptional writing skills, and be bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Position requires initiative, resourcefulness, experience as a “self-starter.”
- Solid public speaking and written skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to keep volunteer committees engaged and on track.
- Sense of humor, flexibility and a team player.
February 24, 2017
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to Tesa Marquez, Administration and HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Relations Manager
The Corporate Relations Manager works closely with PUENTE’s corporate partners, Board of Directors, key volunteers and community to gain sustainable revenue to support the organization and its programs. The key responsibilities include soliciting and managing corporate sponsorships, working with the grant writing team in corporate proposals, and managing fundraising for special events, mainly the annual Golf Tournament and Family Fun Fair.
This role will help develop and manage a corporate outreach strategy that aligns with PUENTE’s mission. He/She is part of the Development and Leadership team at PUENTE Learning Center and PUENTE Charter School, whose annual budget is $3.5M with an endowment and investments of over $20M. The successful candidate will have the strategic and tactical skills needed to successfully seek, close and sustain gifts ranging from $500 - $100,000+ and will be comfortable working with goals and timelines. We are seeking an individual who is experienced in building and sustaining relationships with corporate donors, is enthusiastic, committed and experienced. Since networking is a key aspect of this position, it requires some participation after hours for events and presentations.
Corporate Fundraising: Sponsorships
- Develop a corporate outreach strategy that aligns with PUENTE’s mission.
- Identify, research, cultivate and secure corporate sponsorships to support programs and events.
- Work closely with appropriate staff to ensure that outcomes and impact of PUENTE’s programs is well documented for donors
- Together with team and leadership, set annual fundraising goals and regularly report progress
- Generate solicitation materials, thank you letters, reports and research as needed
- Identifies and develops corporate foundation support, and develops strategy to grow this revenue segment annually
- Collaborates with colleagues to craft pitches and proposals to various corporate funders. There is a full-time grant writer on staff, but it is expected that this position will also assume some grant writing or proposal writing responsibilities.
- Serve as key staff for PUENTE’s annual Golf Tournament, which takes place in the Fall. The Tournament is supported by corporate and individual sponsorships and participation fees and also has a volunteer committee who undertakes the majority of the fundraising.
- Serve as the lead fundraiser for PUENTE’s Family Fun Fair, which also has a staff committee. The Fair is a community-wide event that takes place in our campus and includes food, music, and information/services.
- Identify, solicit and manage sponsorships for an average of 2-5 additional, smaller special events per year.
- Generate all solicitation materials for special events.
- Represents PUENTE with donors, corporate prospects and in the community as necessary to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization. It is expected that this position will attend 4-6 events per month
- Organizes site visits and opportunities for involvement for corporate donors to showcase PUENTE’s programs and facilities
Corporate Fundraising: Foundations
Public / Strategic Role
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in corporate fundraising for a nonprofit, community-focused organization, or in sales/business development, together with nonprofit volunteer participation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience required in:
- Non-Profit Fundraising.
- Event management.
- Donor relationship building or comparable high-level interactions.
- Computer literacy, report development, data tracking and analysis.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to corporate partners and individual donors.
- Communicate effectively in oral presentations and in writing; strong public speaking and organizational skills.
- Work with diverse groups of people.
- Comprehend and analyze financial and statistical data.
- Organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
February 17, 2017
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email to Tesa Marquez, Administration and HR Manager to:email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately.