We hope that you are taking great care during this unprecedented time in our lives. The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging for all of us, but especially for the PUENTE students and their families who come to PUENTE for learning and community.
Following the health and safety guidance from WHO, CDC, and other state and local agencies, PUENTE successfully transitioned its classes to virtual platforms, effective Monday, March 16. We currently anticipate a return date of Tuesday, August 18, pending the ongoing development of this global health crisis.
While our physical site remains temporarily closed, our commitment to the community has not wavered. PUENTE is building a virtual bridge to education every day. Here are just a few examples:
- • PUENTE Charter School has implemented daily live video instruction, mail updates to parents, and the continuation of our special education support services.
- • We have reached out to all our students with information to access their school meals and remain food secure.
- • We are lending laptops to students who do not have home access to reliable technology.
- • Our youth students are contacting PUENTE case managers every day for help in navigating challenges, including postponed SAT tests and college acceptance deadlines.
- • PUENTE is providing vital assistance to our adult students as they transition to online learning.
Your gift will help:
• Technology and equipment for all our students to continue learning online
• Support youth case managers
• Assist our PUENTE community to continue with their goals to succeed
If you would like to make an in-kind donation of needed supplies, we are requesting laptops, tablets, and gift cards for our families to have food and other essentials. Please email us at email@example.com
PUENTE is grateful for our community of students, families, and supporters. Especially in times like these, we are reminded that the greatest resource we have is each other. With your gracious support, we look forward to continuing to build bridges to education for our children, youth, adults, and community members.
Virtual learning and distance learning continues. Students and families may access resources and information at the links below: