About PUENTE Learning Center
PUENTE Charter School offers elementary grade-level students a family-centered, culturally-rich, technology-based learning experience designed to help children meet and exceed Common Core State Standard mastery and build a solid foundation for lifelong academic achievement.
The Charter School is seeking a teacher who is committed to providing knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them to develop their skills and encourage an interest in learning. This role will report to the Dean role and work with the School’s team of early education professionals. The qualified candidate will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational plan that aligns with the Common Core Standards and ELD Framework. Candidates who do not possess a clear California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential and English Learner certification will not be considered.
Teachers in the Charter School will teach in a community where children, parents, teachers, and administrators are actively involved as partners in teaching and learning. Teachers will assume responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
• Work with the school Leadership Team and other instructional staff to develop a curriculum that aligns with Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and ELD Framework and the school’s charter
• Assess individual student learning needs on an on-going basis and evaluate student outcomes for instructional purposes
• Help to identify students with special needs and participate in Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) to assess student needs and to create and implement appropriate Individualized Education Programs
• Implement established school-wide and classroom Positive Behavior Support (PBS) program
• Assume responsibility for professional growth which may include, but is not limited to, attendance at conferences, meetings, observation and in-service training
• Meet with instructional colleagues on a daily/weekly basis to reflect upon teaching, share best practices, analyze data and improve instructional practices
•Participate in parent-teacher conferences as required
•Demonstrate and encourage creativity, flexibility and teamwork
•Be willing to assume responsibilities outside of the classroom in order to fulfill the vision of the charter
•Traditional, single track calendar from August to June, with multiple breaks throughout the school year
•Occasional evening and weekend hours are required to participate in school functions and to attend a variety of meetings
•Dedication to mission-driven work. Passionate advocate for the mission and those being served through the organization and school
•Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
•Must possess a clear California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential and English Learner certification
•Bachelor’s degree required
•Technology literate and comfortable incorporating technology into instructional program
•Bilingual, English-Spanish, candidates are preferred
•Minimum of 3-4 years of full-time teaching experience in early childhood environments
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to Tesa Marquez, Administration and HR Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Review of applications will begin immediately.