As part of the PUENTE team, you can expect to be part of a community-based educational organization deeply committed to enriching the lives of individuals and families in the Los Angeles area. PUENTE seeks talented people, from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are motivated and devoted to community, service, and equity through recognizing and embracing the community’s cultural wealth. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and developed problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement innovative ideas and solutions in service to the mission of the organization.
The PUENTE Charter School is a TK-4 elementary school operated by PUENTE Learning Center. The Charter School offers a family-centered, outcomes-based learning experience designed to help children meet and exceed Common Core State Standards mastery and build a solid foundation for lifelong academic achievement. Reporting to the Charter School Principal and Dean of Engagement, this position is critical to the success of the school and its day-to-day operations. The role of Charter School Operations Coordinator will direct specific operations by creating, refining, and implementing policies and systems while upholding the School’s mission and vision and ensure effective overall service and academic program operations and compliance with the Los Angeles Unified School District and the California Department of Education.
• Stay abreast of testing updates, training and coordinates accessibility as necessary with CAASPP, ELPAC, and NWEA MAP to track school-wide testing assessment;
• Work with Registrar to maintain and update the school’s SIS system, Infinite Campus, and coordinates trainings as necessary
• Coordinate the tracking and reporting of the school meal program;
• Generate and report the Charter School data and program outcomes to local and state agencies, including LAUSD, LACOE, and the CDE;
• Coordinate and support the implementation of the school’s various presentations throughout the academic year (such as; Coffee with Principal & Deans, Orientations, Professional Development, Webinars, etc.)
• Update the charter website with content for the school community with lessons, webinars, tutorials, and other resources;
• Work as a liaison with contracting entities such as; CALPADS, ExEd and LA SchoolMint to ensure timely and accurate deliverables;
• Coordinate the purchases of school materials and its distribution in a timely and accurate manner
• Be proactive in supporting school-related protocols
• Supports with the creation of or update documents (e.g. Handbooks, flyers, memos, announcements, weekly school bulletin)
• Ensure governance meeting deliverables are prepared
• Works in coordination with all team members to ensure overall efficient school operations;
• Actively supports school-wide events
• Ensures the confidentiality of all student information
• Dedication to mission driven work. Passionate advocate for PUENTE’s mission and those being served through the organization.
• Utilizes time and the time of others responsibly and respectfully; identifies and prioritizes the critical elements of the job; problem-solves to ensure goal attainment; ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, strong attention to detail and ability to plan and execute projects; demonstrates strong task management skills
• Demonstrates high degree of flexibility and adaptability to address the needs of the school
• Effectively identifies opportunities for process improvement, proactive problem solver, works with a positive attitude in collaboration with a team to move projects forward
• Outstanding communication skills and a collaborative and communicative work-style.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• A self-starter with a bias towards execution
• Ability to be flexible and open to new ideas
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum of associate’s degree or two years of coursework at an institution of higher learning preferred; bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2-3 years of work experience and knowledge in a school setting
• Proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) is a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency desired.
Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to Tesa Marquez, Administration and HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Review of applications will begin immediately.