PUENTE Learning Center is a place for learning, achievement and success. We are committed to making education and job training skills accessible to all. We offer classes for students ages 3 to 80+, from preschool to adults, including computer literacy, English as a Second Language, High School Diploma, a charter elementary school, and after school and summer programs. PUENTE is proud to be part of the Boyle Heights neighborhood, a primarily immigrant community, and serving over 110,000 students in our 35-year history.
As part of the PUENTE team, you can expect to be part of a community-based educational organization deeply committed to enriching the lives of individuals and families in the Los Angeles area. PUENTE seeks talented people, from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are motivated and devoted to community, service, and equity through recognizing and embracing the community’s cultural wealth.
We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators and developed problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement innovative ideas and solutions in service to the mission of the organization.
The Advancement Manager is part of PUENTE’s Development team and will work directly with and report to the Vice President of Development to achieve the organization’s fundraising and communications goals. This position is part of a small development team and will be engaged in various segments of fundraising and marketing, with a focus on strategic communications and the creation of content. In addition, the Advancement Manager will have management responsibilities for the donor database and event planning. The role will serve as a liaison with donors and constituents to ensure that these stakeholders develop and maintain strong relationships with PUENTE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Advancement Communications
Manage advancement communications such as the annual report, seasonal direct mail fundraising appeals, bi-annual newsletters, bi-monthly email newsletters, and social media accounts. Responsibilities for advancement content include writing and editing copy as well as select design/layout of digital and print collateral. In addition, this position will maintain the company website and coordinate the collection of photos and videos.
• Donor Database
Responsible for creating receipts, running reports, and updating records in an accurate and timely manner. The organization is converting its donor management system from DonorPerfect Online to Raiser’s Edge NXT in Spring 2020.
• Special Events
Responsible for special events management, fulfillment of event budgets, securing sponsors, vendor coordination, and working with event committees. Current special events include the annual golf tournament as well as a new series of constituent engagement events.
The ideal candidate has a creative, entrepreneurial, and innovative approach to work. The ability to represent PUENTE Learning Center’s professionalism as well as strong and engaging communication skills (both written and verbal) is essential. Knowledge of any or all of PUENTE Learning Center’s funding priorities is beneficial. At a minimum, this position requires:
• Commitment to PUENTE’s mission and an overarching dedication to mission-driven work
• Dedicated to foster a donor-centric culture of development that upholds the highest ethical standards
• Passionate advocate for the mission and those being served by the organization
• Enthusiasm and positive attitude
• Experience in nonprofit sector and small, dynamic teams
• Experience planning and executing events of any size, with set metrics
• Knowledge of Los Angeles, its community organizations, and philanthropic groups
• A self-starter with a bias towards execution
• Must possess the ability to be flexible and open to new ideas
• The role requires extensive collaboration with the development, administration, leadership, and executive teams.
• Ability to function at peak in a fast-paced environment
• A sense of humor and positive attitude are essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of professional experience with a track record of achievements in fundraising and/or marketing
• Experience developing strategies and success in implementing action plans
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with donors and/or constituents
• Proficient in Adobe Creative suite or similar design software is preferred
• Proficient in WordPress or similar website platform is a plus
• Proficient in Raiser’s Edge NXT or similar fundraising database is preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish, written and oral) skills are a plus, but not required
The salary will commensurate with the candidate’s significant qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to Tesa Marquez, Administration and HR Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Review of applications will begin immediately.